Here's my 10 favorite reads for this year - note that at least one was not published in 2015, but since I read it in 2015 and since this is my list, I'm deciding it is perfectly OK to include it.
Note, too, that some are audiobooks. There's a bit of a debate, apparently, over whether or not audiobooks count as "read" material. I began listening to audiobooks for the first time this year, and two of my favorites were discovered on that format. Again, the whole "it's my list and I'll do what I want" rule applies.
I'm offering this list without commentary or justification. These are the book that I enjoyed the most; your mileage may vary. I've linked to the reviews I've posted for these titles, either here or at Amazon, so feel to give them a read for my thoughts.
All right - on with the list!
- Locke & Key by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (Audiobook)
- A Song of Shadows (Charlie Parker #13) by John Connolly
- Flex (Mancer #1) by Ferret Steinmetz
- First Light (The Red #1) by Linda Nagata
- Snowblind by Michael McBride [published in 2012, but I didn't read it until this year.]
- The Z Chronicles (anthology)
- Atlanta Burns by Chuck Wendig
- Gemini Cell by Myke Cole
- Within by Keith Deininger
- Masters of Blood and Bone by Craig Saunders